Senior Back End Developer
HiJiffy is looking for a talented Senior Backend Developer to join our remote team. With you on board, we're looking to expand our team and take our projects to a whole new level.
You will work in a very friendly environment and be part of a motivated and growing product team. If you like to learn, are willing to share knowledge, and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top and have fun doing it, join HiJiffy.
- Proficient with back-end programming language: PHP and Laravel framework - Experienced with MongoDB, MySQL databases
- Redis and Elasticsearch knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Experience in a similar role for at least 4-5 years and can show us examples of their work
Nice to have:
- Some experience with cloud computing services such as AWS and Google Cloud services
- Understanding of, and agreement with, Agile principles
- Knowledge and experience in Git and JIRA
- Some knowledge with VUE.js
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain high-performance, scalable back-end systems using PHP and the Laravel framework
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to extend our backend integrations
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new systems and features
- Optimize queries for MongoDB and MySQL databases
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve application performance, scalability, and reliability.
What do we expect from you?
- You work well in a team and value collaboration
- You’re reliable, self-motivated, and focused on delivering high-quality work
- You have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- You’re self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You’re comfortable working in a remote-first organization
- You are unafraid to venture into uncharted territory
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Ability to effectively design software architecture
- Strong communication skills
- An analytical mind with problem-solving abilities
- You're a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together
What do we offer?
- A startup environment where you can see how to grow a company from a dozen to hundreds of people and where you will have the space to grow
- Flexible working hours
- Working remotely from anywhere in Portugal
- Competitive Salary
- HiJiffy Perks (wellness, WFH equipment, transportation, etc.)
- Product & Development
- Senior Developer
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
We do the right thing, always. We believe in long-lasting, healthy relationships and nurture them.
We are innovative. We leverage our technology and expertise to facilitate the growth of our employees, partners and clients.
We have a positive impact. We want to continue disrupting the industry and delivering much more than a good product.
We row together. We believe collaboration is the backbone of our success.
We are everywhere. We seek connections on a global scale to serve our world and deliver an exceptional product.
HiJiffy was founded in 2016 with the mission to develop the most advanced conversation AI for hospitality. Seeking the perfect connection between hotels and their guests, HiJiffy created a powerful Guest Communications Hub.
Powered by its proprietary AI - Aplysia OS - across the full guest journey, HiJiffy allows hoteliers to increase revenue from direct bookings and upselling while automating repetitive tasks to reduce operating costs and mitigate staff shortages.
In 2023, more than 1,800 hotels in over 50 countries reimagine guest communications with HiJiffy’s omnichannel solution featuring cutting-edge tech innovations like self-learning AI, sentiment analysis, voice assistance, GPT-4, and more.
Senior Back End Developer
Loading application form